Types of email notifications we send
We send 12 types of notifications in total:
- Confirm email address.
- Message support.
- The deposit is confirmed.
- The exchange is confirmed.
- Create your account.
- Password resetting.
- Account login.
- Welcome aboard.
- Withdraw is confirmed.
- KYC verification is processing.
- You have passed KYC verification.
- KYC verification failed.
How to add emails from Binaryx to the whitelist
For Microsoft Outlook
- Enter the program through a browser. Ensure the beta is disabled (the “Try the beta” switch in the upper right corner of the screen).
- Click on the gear icon in the bar in the upper right corner of the screen and select “View All Outlook Options.”
- Go to Mail – Junk Mail – Safe Senders & Domains.
- Add the following addresses to the whitelist – [email protected], [email protected]
- Click the “Save” button.
- Log in to mail
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen and select “Settings.”
- Go to the “Filters and Blocked Addresses” section and click “Create New Filter.”
- Add the following addresses to the From field – [email protected], [email protected]
- Click “Create Filter With This Search.”
- Check the “Never send to Spam” checkbox and then click the “Create Filter” button.
For Apple Mail
- From the Mac OS X Mail main menu, choose Mail → Preferences (you can also use the keyboard shortcut Command +, (comma).
- Go to the “Rules” tab.
- Click “Add Rule.”
- Enter a name in the “Description” field (for example, Whitelist: binaryx.com) to specify the new rule.
- For conditions, change the first item of the drop-down menu to “any.” As a result, it reads as “If any of the following conditions are met.”
- In the next two drop-down menus, select “From” in the first and “ends” in the second.
- In the text box after “ends with,” enter the name of the domain you want to add to the whitelist – binaryx.com.
- In “Follow these steps,” set the drop-down item to: “Move message” in the mailbox: “Inbox.”
- Click OK to save the rule.
- Close the rules window.
Why Binaryx does not send emails to me
If you are not receiving emails from Binaryx:
- check the correctness of the email address in your account;
- check if the letter got into the “Spam” folder;
- check if delete filters are not installed;
- check with the senders if the letter was returned as an automatic server response. It must indicate the reason for non-delivery;
- check the memory size in your mailbox. The size of the “Inbox” folder should not exceed 2000 MB.