What is Google Authenticator
This app is made for iOS and Android platforms. It generates free two-factor authentication codes. That’s why it provides additional protection for your account from hacking. When you enable this function, to enter your Binaryx account, you need to enter the password and the one-time code generated by the application.
Installing Google 2FA on a smartphone
- Enable Google 2FA support by going to the “Security” menu in your account settings and clicking on the “Google Authentication” toggle switch.
- After that, you will download Google Authenticator from the App Store (for iOS devices) or Google Play (for Android devices). To do this, scan the offered QR code.
- On the application page, click the “Install” button.
- Wait for the completion of the download.
Synchronizing your account with Google 2FA and smartphone
- Hover over your avatar in the upper right corner of the screen and select “Account Settings” in the drop-down list.
- Select the “Security” submenu and click on the toggle switch opposite the “Google Authentication” item. It will open the “Set up Authenticator” window.
- Open the application, select “Scan QR Code” and scan the code from the computer screen. If you cannot scan the QR code, enter this code manually in the application by selecting “Enter the setup key.”
Backing up Google 2FA keys
After that, the system will ask you to write down a unique 16-digit key. It can be used to re-link your account if you do not have access to the previous Google Authenticator. Write it down on a piece of paper and keep it in a safe place.
After saving the code, click the “Next” button.
Finalizing the setup
- Enter your password to log in and click the “Login” button. After that, the system will ask you to enter the 6-digit Google authentication code, which will appear on the smartphone screen. Remember that the code changes every 30 seconds, so you don’t need to memorize it.
- After entering the data, click the “Next” button. The system will confirm that Google 2FA is connected.